HER was born in 2015 as a branch of Corey Lynn Tucker Photography. It is a space to awaken the sacred feminine divine. A place to empower all women. It’s a true honor to create beautiful imagery for women who trust me with their sacred bodies to tell HER story. HER is more than boudoir, I also photograph branding and fashion photography. This blog will explore my boudoir offerings.
Who does not want to look and feel like a goddess? From boudoir for you, for your love, a celebration of your glorious body and all the wondrous miracles it creates.
“I love the person
because I fought
to become her.”
There are several reasons women decide to have a HER session, but the most important reason is you! It could be for your partner, you’re having a baby, or you want photos to enjoy at any stage in your life. No matter who tells you how beautiful you are, only you have the power to believe it for yourself, that inner knowing. I have not met a woman yet that does not have self doubt. We all do, that’s why a HER session is so empowering.
Many people have said they can feel the good energy as soon as they enter my studio. The natural light, plants, crystals and candles are sending out the good vibes. You can relax with a glass of wine or herbal tea with healthy, delicious treats. After you’ve had your hair and make-up done by the magic makers, get ready to put on your first outfit! I’ll turn up my feel good, sexy playlist and we are ready to rock and roll.. I recommend wearing a soft, loose outfit that you feel secure in as it takes time to warm up in front of the camera.
Tips to Prepare for your HER Session:
Find Your Style
Start by creating a Pinterest board and let your imagination run wild! Pick out wardrobe, poses, hair, make-up, lip color and poses that interest you and then practice in front of a mirror! That’s how models do it. Shop your closet and if you need help, I also offer styling services. I recently shopped my friend’s closet for a styled shoot we did and I created outfits for her she did not even know she had. I adore styling shoots and have been doing it for ages. I love exploring consignment, thrift and goodwill before going to retail stores.
HER sessions are all about you, what outfit makes you feel good? Once you’ve chosen up to three of your favorite wardrobe pieces, pack your bag. I recommend hunting for your outfits up to two weeks before your session. If ordering online, please order at least three weeks ahead of your session to ensure package delivery and try-on time, so if it doesn’t fit, go to your local retail store.
Let your own personality shine through.
Tips from Allure Traveling Beauty
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate every day for a week prior to your session.
- If you wax, please do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
- If you don’t wax make sure to shave the night before and moisturize your entire body before bed.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed.
- If you’re planning to visit the salon for a cut or color, then give yourself a few days to make sure you are happy with it.
- Stay out of the sun – while a base tan will be nice in photos, red, blotchy skin and tan lines won’t.
- I strongly recommend not spray tanning. Pale skin is beautiful.
- Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about bloating or retaining any sort of water weight.
- Have fresh clean nails and toenails. Nude is always a good choice or choose your favorite color (color coordinate with your outfit choices.)
Day Before Your HER Session
- Shower, moisturize and shave.
- Remove tags from new clothing so they don’t show up in photographs. Remove wrinkles from your clothing.
- Pluck any stray hairs so they are fresh for the shoot and for makeup.
- Pack your bag the night before your shoot (shoes, jewelery, accessories and any props) and double-check to make sure you have everything.
- Have a well-rested nights sleep.
Day of HER Session
- Wear loose-fitting clothing, skip the bra and tight panties. You want to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks or tight clothing). Zippered sweatshirt or button down shirt are preferable so you don’t mess up your hair and make-up after it’s done.
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
- Arrive with a clean and moisturized face and dry hair.
- Bring any hair accessories you may want to use.
- If you have that favorite lipstick of yours be sure to bring it along to the shoot, lipstick is the one item of makeup that may not last throughout the entire shoot.
- Give yourself time before and after your HER Session so you aren’t rushing and you have time to relax and enjoy your day.
- Nerves are natural, so if you would feel more comfortable bring a friend or your partner.
Now that you have a clear picture of what your day will look like, let’s book your HER session! We will laugh a lot and I’ll even get into the poses I can see you in to help you along the way. E-mail me the kind of story you want to create in your home or in my studio.
Share this story